17 genius money-saving food hacks. #6 is temptingJuly 27, 2015
Many of us love to cook in the kitchen create our favourite dishes and snacks. In today’s article we’ll looking at 17 Genius Food Hacks That Will Save You So Much Money!
These awesome food hacks help you to keep food fresh for longer and will give you some useful shopping tips. With some clvere ideas like wrapping the crown of a bunch of bananas with plastic wrap and they’ll last 3-5 days longer than usual, stopping your brown sugar from turning rock-hard by throwing a couple of marshmallows into the bag or even looking at the top and bottom shelves at the grocery store to avoid the eye-level items which are the priciest!
1. Use a sealable bag to keep ice cream soft.
2. Wrap the crown of a bunch of bananas with plastic wrap and they’ll last 3-5 days longer than usual.
3. Look at the top and bottom shelves at the grocery store—the eye-level ones stock the priciest stuff.
4. Buy chicken in family packs, drop the extras into sealable bags with marinade, and freeze.
5. Use the microwave to dry leftover herbs.
6. If your milk is about to expire, use it to make milk and cookie cubes.
7. Use a money-saving app like favado, which compares the prices of your shopping list across local stores.
8. To store delicate herbs, place them in cups of water, cover them with plastic wrap, secure with a rubber band, and refrigerate.
9. Avoid the inner aisles at the grocery store and you won’t spend as much money.
10. Never buy an over-ripened avocado again.
11. Grate your own cheese.
12. Wrap celery, broccoli, and lettuce in tin foil before storing in the fridge.
13. Use an app to find local restaurants where kids can eat for free.
14. Section off your beef before freezing it to have perfect portion-sized patties.
15. Stop your brown sugar from turning rock-hard by throwing a couple of marshmallows into the bag.
16. Freeze leafy greens and use them in your smoothie.
17. And finally, if you’re a lightweight who can’t finish a bottle of wine, freeze the leftovers in an ice cube tray.