13. For making “guesstimation” of portion sizes a thing of the past.
Did you know that your hand is the easiest way to measure a half-cup or three ounces of your food? Yaaaaaaas.
14. For vegetarians looking for other sources of protein.
That means all vegetarians. Info, recipes, and more recipes at at 12 Complete Proteins Vegetarians Need to Know About, via Greatist.
15. For spotting the hidden sugars in your food.
Sugar is a clever little thing, and most Americans get way too much of it (between two and three times the recommended amount!). So get informed, read through the ingredients to make sure you’re not getting any more than you should. Check out 56 Different Names for Sugar, viaWomen’s Health for more.
16. For knowing your nuts.
These make really healthy snacks! You can put them in little Zip-lock bags to munch on throughout the day.
17. For the definitive ranking of all the veggies.
Treat yo’ self! To only the healthiest vegetables, that is.
18. For DIY hummus that’s as awesome as your Lebanese college roommate’s grandmother’s.
Okay so maybe her recipe is still waaaay better, but at the very least it’ll make you feel more Bohemian. And give you lots of hipster cred, too. Pop over to 13 Different Ways to Make Hummus for more.
19. For marinating your meat to utter perfection.
Come on, we all know marinating can make or break a meat recipe. Get your meals closer to restaurant level by reading How to Marinate and Make Better Food.
20. For substituting bad ingredients with the good.
Good news for all sweets lovers: You can still make and eat the fluffiest, yummiest baked desserts without the self-loathing that comes afterwards. Congratulations! More about these here: 83 Healthy Recipe Substitutions, via Greatist.
21. For fans of salad in search of more adventure.
22. For when you want to be up close and personal with your vitamins.
Get intimate with your letters.